Short Film

Our short film

Our short film is called connected. It is about this girl named Alex and she is halfway through freshman year when this new kid Jaxon shows up. As soon as this kid shows up she started getting these strange dreams and Jaxon gets them as well. Jaxon confronts Alix and they and out that they're both getting the strange dreams. They decide to do some research and they come across a blog. This blog was written by a girl who experienced the same thing that Alix and Jaxon were experiencing with her brother. Alix becomes upset because her Aunt never told her that she had a brother so she dragged Jaxon to her house and confronted her Aunt. Her Aunt was shocked because they were never supposed to find each other. The tag line for this production was going to be don't take the pills but I changed it to they're hiding something from you. The log line for this film is girl is connected to boy via dreams. One key element I incorporated into this film was when Jaxon and Alix blackout they see each other and they're surrounded by blackness. We took our actors and filmed them in front of a green screen so the audience could understand the dreams better, and make the dream feel more real.

Pre-Production

The first thing we did as a group was decide which short film we wanted to do. We each shared our ideas and decidedthat my idea was the best and also the most doable. Once we had our film set in stone we decided our production roles; I was the director, Tayah was the location scout, Noelle was the art director, and Mason was our editor. After we figured out our production roles we started our scheduling and our casting process. We all put out things on social media saying that we needed actors for our short film and we had some people volunteer. Once we had our actors in place our group decided when and where we were going to film our out of school scenes. We decided to film at my house on a Sunday from about 4:30 until dark. Scheduling was fairly simple because we only needed to film people outside of school only one time. So that made scheduling very easy and it made the process simple.

Production

The actual production of our film went very smooth. On the Sunday we filmed at our scheduled time and everyone got home at a decent hour. The director aka me forgot to bring home a camera so Tayah our art director had to bring one of her own, but it worked out in our favor. She has a very good quality camera.Throughout this entire process I learned how to have fun but also manage to get things done at the same time. When we were filming we were constantly joking but I would bring the group back together occasionally and get us back on track. The only complication we had when filming was that one of our actor teacher wouldn't let him leave class on certain days.

Editing

The editing process currently is not finished and we do not have the finished product at the moment. That is because it took us longer than we thought to film the clips because of our actors delays. That is why I do not have it embedded in the top of this blog. In the editing process Mason did add in the green screen clips to make the film feel more real to the audience. Mason taught me and my group how to edit green screen clips if we were to ever use a green screen in the future.

Overall

If I were to do something different I would have tried a little harder when I was writing my script. I wrote my script in a hurry and it had a lot of errors and a lot of things that needed to be changed. If I had tried a little harder from the beginning I think I would've saved my group some time because we had to make a lot of changes to the script. If I were to keep something the same I would keep my lead actor who played Alix. I think she played the part incredibly well and she was very easygoing and great to work with. On my next project I will do what I did for this casting wise and ask on social media because that made the whole process a lot easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Container project

Balls