End of the year reflection


Time Management

One project that I really had to use time management with was my ghost going through walls project. When we were creating this project I had to leave for Florida and I missed three days of school. I learned how to use my time to my advantage and how to get things done under pressure. I ended up getting this project in on time and I did not completely hate the final product. This is important for the future for when my boss or someone above me wants me to get a certain amount of work done in a short amount of time. 

Collaboration and Communication

I learned how to effectively communicate my ideas with others and collaborate with a team to create my final video project in animation. In our most recent project I collaborated with my peers to create an animation short film. We worked together to create the concept and we put our heads and ideas together to make this project. We also communicated any problems we were having or scheduling issues with each other so we could get the project in on time. I learned how to verbally convey and communicate my ideas to others so that they understand. This can help me with not just e-Com projects but also future projects.

Technical

I learned a great deal of technical skills throughout this semester. One of the projects I learned a lot of technical skills from was my soda can project. This project demonstrates ow much I have learned in Maya throughout this year. It displays that I learned how to create objects and add different textures to them. This also shows what my photoshop capabilities are because I created the logo in photoshop.

Leadership

This year we mainly did projects on our own but that doesn't mean that I was not a leader. I showed leadership by helping out Rachel with all of her projects and making sure that my peers understood what to do. Leaders help out whenever someone needs them and that is what I did throughout this entire year. Showing leadership makes me stand out from a crowd which can be good when you are applying for certain jobs in the future.

Any Challenges? 

I faced many challenges throughout the year. A lot of these challenges were technical because either After Effects wasn't working or Maya was crashing. I used the help of my peers and Mr. Olsen to overcome these obstacles that seemed impossible to get through.

What are my strengths and Weaknesses?

I think that one of my strengths is that I am very creative and I can easily come up with ideas for my projects. I also have worked really hard on all of my projects. I have greatly improved my skills in After Effects this year. At the beginning of the year I could barely animate a bear walking, but now I can animate special effects such as explosions. I think one of my weaknesses is that I cannot make any or my final projects look the way I want them to. So I think one weakness is that I am a perfectionist and I tend to dwell on what my final product looked like instead of how hard I worked on it. I need to work on trying to appreciate the project that I made not the quality. Next year I am going into animation and I plan on taking the technical skills and the other guarantees and apply them to my work in animation.

Would I change anything?

I don't think I would change anything about this year. I had a lot of fun and the projects all turned out okay. I would keep things the same because I am satisfied with everything that I have learned. I have learned so much from animation and I learned that animation is more than just cartoons for kids. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film

My Container project

Balls