High school trailer



Highschool Trailer

We chose to do The Duff as our high school trailer. We chose it because it is a really funny movie and we thought that it would be fun to recreate it. We incorporated many important aspects of filming for example we tried out best to match up the shots with how they were in the actual trailer by getting the right angle and making the scene itself look authentic. We did our best to incorporate good audio by using a boom mic but that did not go well because we had a boom mic for some scenes and we didn't have a mic at all for others. So our audio did sound really weird throughout the entire trailer because of the mic.

Pre Production and Production

Our pre production mainly consisted of casting actors. It was really difficult to find actors who looked similar to the people in the trailer and that were available. We originally casted someone else as the jock but he couldn't make it to the filming sessions so we had to change our jock halfway through filming. We also had to just star in our trailers ourselves because of the lack of actors. Also we had to screenshot the scene for scene and get the script printed before we could start filming. Once we started filming everything went smoothly. The party scene was a little difficult to do because we did not have enough extras so we had figure out a way to make the scene look full. Other than that filming was very simple and everything was on time.

Editing

Editing was a challenge for me. I started editing one day and the next day I came back to it and all of my footage was gone so I had to re start. The audio was also a struggle for me. I did not know what songs were in the background of the trailer so I just chose a song from the soundtrack of the movie in the background. I also had trouble getting the audio so sound equal throughout the trailer.  For example in one scene my music was louder than the speaking audio but in another clip the music was too quiet. I wanted to add the bars to my trailer but I had no idea how to add them to my trailer so I just did not add them. I also forgot to add the end credit scene to my trailer because I ran out of time while I was editing.

My Experience

My role in this experience was to be the production manager. So I figured out when and where we were going to film and I made sure everyone could make it on time. I also helped the DP with the shots because she had to star in a few of the clips herself. I learned many things in this trailer one of which is how to screen record clips form other videos and put them into your own. I used all five guarantees in this project. I used leadership in this when I was figuring out when and where we were going to film I led the group through that. I communicated with everyone in order to make sure everyone got to the filming location on time. I collaborated with everyone in my group in order to make sure we created the best possible trailer. We used project management in order to get the assignment on time.

Next time

The only thing that I would do differently about this project would be me changing the audio levels in my final edit of the trailer. Other than that I would keep it the same because it turned out really well in my opinion. For my next project I will make sure to follow the production schedule just as we did in this project it made everything much more easy. Overall I had a great time and I liked my group and I liked the final project as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short Film

My Container project

Balls