Multiplane Animation



Creating My Animation

The first thing we did when creating this animation was create a very long template in photoshop. Then we divided it into four sections. Each section was a different layer and each layer had to be different than the others. This was really difficult for me. The trees were very hard to make and they took a lot of time to copy and paste then and then merge then all onto one layer. I didn't like how the trees turned out.

Animating the plane

Before we animated we watched videos on how multi plane animation works. We watched videos on how they used to do it back in the day. I think it was really cool but it also took really long. Anyways after I created the base in photoshop I began to animate it in After effects. I did not really learn anything new. But it was really easy to animate.

Overall 

I think this was not my best project. I do not like the color scheme I think its too dark and gloomy. I also do not like the style. I also messed up the animation at te end the trees float downwards. I think if I could re do this project I would. 

Comments

  1. You are being kind of hard on yourself, Katie! As far as the technique of multiplane, and the overall effect it produces goes, you nailed it! Your different shading of the layers is really effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were supposed to tell a little about the history of multiplane in this post, however...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fourth Quarter Presentations

Final Blog